Do you have a go-to Mexican dessert recipe that never fails to satisfy and is a breeze to whip up? If so, we want to hear all about it! Share your favorite quick and easy Mexican dessert recipe that never disappoints. Whether it’s a mouthwatering tres leches cake, scrumptious churros, or a delightful flan, we can’t wait to try your delicious creation. Don’t keep it to yourself – let’s spread the joy of Mexican sweets together!
For the dessert base:
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
For the topping:
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1/4 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Preparing the dessert base:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, milk, eggs, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9×13-inch baking dish and spread it out evenly.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let the dessert base cool completely before adding the topping.
Making the topping:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk, heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the mixture on high speed until it thickens and forms stiff peaks.
- Once the dessert base has cooled, spread the topping evenly over it.
- Place the dessert in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to allow the topping to set.
- Add sliced strawberries, bananas, or raspberries on top of the dessert base before adding the topping for a fruity twist.
- You can also incorporate diced mangoes or peaches into the topping mixture for a tropical flavor.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans, walnuts, or almonds on top of the dessert base before adding the topping to add a crunchy element to the dessert.
- You can also mix crushed peanuts or pistachios into the topping mixture for extra nuttiness.
Tips and Tricks
Choosing the right ingredients:
- Use high-quality cocoa powder for a rich and intense chocolate flavor.
- Opt for fresh and ripe fruits when adding them to the dessert for the best taste.
Enhancing the flavors:
- Add a pinch of cinnamon or a dash of instant coffee to the dessert base for additional depth of flavor.
- Drizzle some caramel sauce or chocolate syrup over the finished dessert for a decadent touch.
Serve with a dollop of whipped cream:
- Before serving, add a dollop of freshly whipped cream on top of each slice of the Mexican dessert. This will add a creamy and airy component that complements the rich chocolate base.
Garnish with fresh mint leaves:
- To add a pop of color and freshness, garnish each plate with a few fresh mint leaves. Not only will it make the dessert look more appealing, but it will also enhance the overall flavor profile.
- Due to the dairy-based topping, it is recommended to store the Mexican dessert in the refrigerator. Cover it with plastic wrap or transfer it to an airtight container to keep it fresh for up to 3 days.
- If you want to make the Mexican dessert ahead of time, it can be frozen. Wrap the dessert in plastic wrap and aluminum foil, and store it in the freezer for up to a month. Thaw it in the refrigerator before serving.
Reviews and Feedback
- To make a healthier version of this Mexican dessert, you can replace some of the sugar with a natural sweetener like honey or maple syrup. Additionally, you can use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour for added fiber.
- For a complete Mexican-inspired meal, serve this dessert alongside traditional dishes like tacos, enchiladas, or chiles rellenos. The sweet and indulgent flavors will provide a delightful contrast to the savory main courses.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use a different sweetener?
- Yes, you can experiment with different sweeteners such as honey, maple syrup, or even agave nectar. Keep in mind that the sweetness level and flavor may vary slightly, so adjust the amount accordingly.
Can I substitute the dairy in this recipe?
- If you have dietary restrictions or preferences, you can try using dairy-free alternatives. Substitute the milk with almond milk or coconut milk, and use coconut cream or a non-dairy whipped topping instead of heavy cream. Be sure to choose options that suit your dietary needs.
This quick and easy Mexican dessert recipe is sure to satisfy your chocolate cravings. With its moist and chocolatey base and creamy topping, it’s a delicious treat that can be enjoyed on its own or paired with other Mexican dishes. Get creative by adding fruits or nuts to customize the dessert to your liking. Don’t forget to top it off with a dollop of whipped cream and some fresh mint leaves for a beautiful presentation. Whether you’re making it for a special occasion or just a sweet indulgence, this Mexican dessert is a crowd-pleaser that will leave you wanting more.
No references used for this article.