Tomato Hot & Sweet Chutney.
A quick and mouthwatering side dish.Tastes good with rice & daal and also with chapati or bread.
1. Red ripe Tomatoes - 7-8 finely chopped
2. Green chilly - 2 medium spicy long slits.
3. Red chilly powder - 2 tsp.
4. turmeric - 1/4 tsp
5. Jaggery - 2-3 tbsp
6. salt as per taste.
7. oil for tadka - 2 tbsp
8. Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
9. hing - 1/2 tsp
10.methi seeds(fenugreek) - 1/4 tsp
1. In a fry pan make tadka of oil, mustard seeds, methi seeds, hing, turmeric, red chilly powder.
2. Add the finely chopped tomatoes and green chillies.
3. Add salt & jaggerry and stir well.
4. cover with lid and cook on medium flame for appx 15 mins.
5. tomato chutney is ready to serve.