Delicious spicy ivy gourd in coconut sauce. My favorite side along with daal rice!
2 cups tendli, finely chopped
2 cups onion, finely chopped
For masala or gravy:
1 cup grated coconut
10-15 red chillies(as per taste)
1.5 tablespoon corriander seeds
1/2 tsp. tamarind extract
15 tbsp. oil.
* Heat 5 tbsp. oil on a medium flame.
* Once oil is hot, add red chillies and corriander seeds. Fry for about 30 secs.
* Mix the fried chillies and seeds with coconut, tamarind and a little water and grind to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
* Fry onions in remaining oil. When onions are cooked and close to turning brownish, add the tendli. Fry until tendli onion mixture is golden brown.
* Add the ground masala, and bring to a boil.