Tambdya Papadachi Kosambari (Bankikodla Delight)
At times after a heavy Sunday lunch say of of fried fish and fish curry we do not have enough ‘bhook’ for dinner. Neither would we like to go to bed on an empty stomach. A light dinner is sufficient. And what else is better than boiled rice (ukdo tandul) with ‘allya-piyavachi’ tambli and papadachi kosambari? Alternatively, it is a monsoon delight (I call it 'Bankikodla Delight') when vegetable vendors are not around. Make sure that the papads are authentic 'amchi papads', preferably home-made.
1. Tambde Papad (Amchigele) 10-12
2. Two big onions
3. Soiee - One cup
4. Salt to taste
5. 1 small green chilly
6. Half a lemon
7. One teaspoon fresh coconut oil
1. Roast the papads
2. Apply and spread two to three drops of coconut oil on every pad.
3. Crush the papads (papadacho choor karcho).
4. Chop onions very finely
5. Mince the chilly
6. Mix the crushed roasted papad, soiee, salt. minced chilly and chopped onions
7. Squeeze the lemon and mix again
It is now ready to serve. Serve immediately or else the papads may loose their crispness.
Enjoy papadachi kosambari with ukdya tandalche rice and allya-piyavachi tambli