Special Diwali 'Godda Phovvu' from the Kitchens of Kanaras
Diwali is a festival of lights and sweets!
But what better sweet breakfast than the authentic 'Godda Phovvu' from the kitchens of our very own North and South Kanaras, The Heaven on Earth?
For that unique flavor use 'Patal Godd' or liquid jaggery - a specialty of Honnavar-Kumta belt.
1. 250 gm Nylon Phovvu
2. 150 ml 'Patal Godd' (if not available, 150 gm of its very, very poor cousin, scraped red Kolhapuri Godd
3. Half a cup of freshly grated coconut
1. Place the phovvu in a serving bowl
2. Add 'Patal Godd' or Kolhapuri Godd
3. Mix these thoroughly
4. Top it with the freshly grated coconut
An excellent breakfast during festival days like during Diwali