Creamy,very tasty homemade shrikhand.very simple and easy to make.can eat with puris, chapatis or simply eat as dessert.
1. readymade full cream yoghurt - 1 kg
2. sugar powder - appx 8-10 tb sp
3. kesar milk masala or dry fruit powder - appx 1/2 tb sp.
4. saffron (kesar) - strands 7-8
5. cardamom(elichi) & nutmeg(jaifal) powder - 1/2 t sp
6. soaked almond and pista's finely sliced for garnishing.
1. put the yoghurt in a muslin cloth,wrap it tight, hang it and let all the water strain out.keep it hung for atleast 7-8 hrs so that all the water dries off.
2. then put the hung curd in a bowl add powdered sugar and whisk it with hand blender / mixer till it gets creamy.
3. then add kesar milk powder / dry fruit powder, cardamom & nutmeg powder and mix well.
4. then sprinkle saffron strands and garnish with sliced almonds & pistas.
5.shrikhand is ready to serve.