mutton/chicken in coconut milk
Its a Mangalorean style mutton curry with a flavour of coconut milk.not too spicy but very tasty as the coconut milk blends well with our spices.
1. Mutton(lamb)/chicken- 850gms/1kg
2. onions - 4-5
3. tomatoes - 2-3 medium sized
4. ginger-garlic paste(2inch ginger piece,7-8 big cloves of garlic)
5. whole garam masala -(5-6cloves,2-3 green cardamom,small piece cinnamon,1-4 tsp badishep(saunf),1/4 tsp black pepper,1/2 tsp jeera)
6.pudina(mint leaves)- 6-8 leaves (optional)
7.green chillies -2-3
8.dhania leaves - handful
9.salt to taste
10.red chilly powder - 1tsp appx or as per taste
11.haldi -1/4 tsp
10.coconut milk - 1/2 -1 cup OR coconut milk powder - 7-8 tb sp
1. boil the onions & grind.
2. boil tomatoes & grind seperately.
3. grind the whole garam masala,ginger garlic paste,pudina,dhania leaves & green chillies together & make a paste.
4. heat 2-3 tb sp oil in cooker, add tej patta,fry oinion paste for appx 4-5 mins and then add tomato paste and fry for appx 5 mins.
5. add the ground green masala stir well, then add mutton & add salt.
6. stir for 5 mins & take 4 -5 whistles, then cook again for 10 mins on low sim.
7.after the mutton is cooked, add coconut milk & mix well.
8. mutton curry is ready to serve.