MANGLOREAN FISH PHANNA UPKARI (mackarel,/ sardines/ prawns/ kingfish)
Traditional,tempting and tangy red curry, excellent with rice/chapatis.
1. 1/2 KG fish.
2. turmeric -1/2 tsp
3. salt acc to taste.
4. bedgi whole red chilly- 8-10
5. kashmiri whole red chilly - 5-6
6. tamarind(imli) - small ball,soaked in water
7. coconut oil - 3 tb sp
8. onions - 2-3 finely chopped
1. Clean fish thoroughly and apply salt and turmeric and keep aside.
2. take 1/4 tsp oil in a pan and roast red chillies slightly.
3. grind red chillies, soaked tamarind with water. make a fine paste.
4. fry the finely chopped onions in coconut oil till it turns soft,add the ground chilly paste,salt and stir till oil seperates, then add fish and simmer for 4-5 mins.
5. serve with rice or chapatis