Channa Chawal with Mint-Lemon Chutney
A nice Main Course to be enjoyed with the whole family.Ti's YUMMY!
Ingredients for black channa:-
Black Channa- 50g
Refined Oil- 25ml
Onion- 2(Medium Size)
Ginger garlic paste- 1tablespoon
Turmeric Powder- half tablespoon
Red Chilli Powder- Half tablespoon
Tata Salt- Half tablespoon
Ingredients for rice:-
Basmati Rice- 1 Cup
Pure Desi Ghee- 20ml
Onion- 1 (Medium Size)
Potato- 3 (Medium Size)
Green Chilli- 3 to 4 chopped
Ginger- 1 tsp chopped
Garlic- 1 tsp chopped
Red chilli powder- Half baby spoon
Turmeic Powder- Half baby spoon
Garam Masala- Half tsp
Corinder- For Garnishing
Tata Salt- To Taste
Ingredients for mint-lemon chutney:-
Green Onion- 2 medium size
Green Chilli- 2 to 3
Chopped ginger- half tsp
Salt- To taste
Sugar- Half baby spoon
Lemon Juice of 2 medium lemons
Black Channa Method:-
1) Keep black channa in water for one night.
2) In the morning take them out from the bowl and boil them in fresh water.
3) After that make in your way way the black channa vegetable using all the ingredients listed above. But remember one thing that while cooking do not use more water.
Method to make Rice:-
1) In a pressure cooker put 20 ml pure ghee.
2) Then put garlic and ginger that is chopped in a pressure cooker and keep them till they become light brown.
3) Then in the same way put onion and keep it till it becomes light brown.
4) Then put the potato.
5) Then put turmeric powder,green chilli, red chilli powder in the pressure cooker.
6) Then wash the basmati rice nicely and put them also in the cooker and put the stove on the low position.
7) Then take a fry pan and take 11/2 glass water and after the water becomes hot add garam masala to it.
8) And then put that water in the pressure cooker and also add the salt.
9) Then add the vegetable of black channa in pressure cooker and mix it well with the rice.
10) Then close the lid of the cooker and let it whitsle 4-5 times and after that turn the stove off and keep it to cool by itself.
11) At last garnish it with mint leaves.
TIP:- The channa vegetable made at night can also be used to make rice.
Method for Mint-Lemon Chutney:-
1) Wash the mint properly.
2) Then add green onion, Green chilli, chopped ginger, salt, sugar, lemon juice and mint and grind it.
AT LAST SERVE THE BLACK CHANNA CHAWAL WITH THIS CHUTNEY. SERVE HOT.