Lima beans prepared in traditional "Bendi" style.
Aware (lima beans or vaal or some other big beans) - 1cup
Dried red chillies - 15
Tamarind paste - 1 tablespoon
teppal or tirphal - 12(optional)
garlic - 3 cloves
Salt- 1 teaspoon
Cooking oil- 2 Teaspoons
Water - 5cups
1) Soak Aware for 6 hours or overnight. They will become double the size.
2) Cook them by adding 4 cups of water & 1/2 teaspoon salt, till they become
3) Roast the chillies in 1/4 teaspoon of oil.
4) Grind roasted chillies, tamarind, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1teaspoon cooked Awares
& 1 cup water to a fine paste,In the end add tirphals & give a quick stroke of grinder just to break them.
5) Heat the pan. Add 1+3/4 teaspoon oil. Add the crushed garick flakes.
6) When garlic turns brown add the cooked awres & the ground paste with 1 cup of
water. Cook till it boils well.